Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Home

Today was an exciting day!  We had our site placement ceremony today!  The way this is done is we all make a circle around this big map of Senegal painted on the basketball court.  We are then blind folded and walked around in circle and then finally placed in the spot that we will be for two years.  Once everyone is placed they count to three and we take off our blind folds to see who is all around us.  I am going to be living in Afe which is in the Louga/Linguere region of Senegal.  I love the volunteers that are going with me and will be living near me.  Some current volunteers that set up my site said that they are really excited for me.  My hut is awesome and has electricity and my backyard is awesome.  We are all going on volunteer visits tomorrow so I will get to see it!  So excited.  It also sounds like the people at the health post are excited and want to work with me. Today was finally the day that everyone had been waiting for because up until today they kept telling us things like it depends on where you'll be and it was frustrating.  And people kept talking about how their counterpart is bad and the people in their village are not motivated.  So I was really worried but now it sounds like I am going to have an awesome site!  Look it up.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, volunteer visit already! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete